Reiki Code of Ethics
My Code Of Ethics
MY PROMISE TO YOU:
As an ethical, professional Reiki Master, I promise I will treat all healing sessions as an honor and a privilege that are taken very seriously. As your Reiki healer, I will serve your best interests without causing or intending to harm. I will be open-minded, honest, and non-judgmental. My goal is to use Reiki to help empower you to take charge and make your own path in life.
1. The health and well-being of the client/student is my prime consideration.
2. The client is entitled to truth, confidentiality, and the respect of their human dignity.
3. The client has the right to accept or refuse any form of treatment.
4. I will not refuse a client on the basis of sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, or political belief. However, notwithstanding this clause, I reserve the right to refuse a client for reasons of personal safety and/or other reasons, which do not contravene the aforementioned item.
5. I will retain accurate and up-to-date records on my dealings with my clients. These records will be maintained in a secure location and are considered confidential. No information contained within the records will be released without the written consent of the client.*
6. I will dress in a professional manner conducive to the holistic service being provided and be neat and clean in my own personal hygiene.
7. I will ensure that my professional conduct is beyond reproach. I will not take physical, sexual, psychological or financial advantage of the client. I will not interfere in the client's personal affairs.
8. I will not practice or teach Reiki if I am in any condition, which compromises the quality of their services, such as inebriation, or if my mental faculties are lessened for any reason whatsoever and I shall never offer liquor to my clients.
9. I will never ask a client to disrobe and will not allow such action to take place, nor will I touch the genital area or anal area or the breasts or areola of my clients, nor will the client be allowed to touch me in such a manner.
10. When the client has given permission for “hands on” therapy, I shall use light hand pressure when placing hands on the client’s body. There will never be a need to rub or manipulate of any body part. If the client has not given permission for “hands on” therapy, I will complete the entire Reiki session with hands above the body at all times.
11. I will not refuse or withdraw services without justifiable cause. Such reasons include but are not limited to conflict of interest between myself and a client that jeopardizes the professional relationship or illegal or unjust or fraudulent actions taken or proposed by the client.
12. It recognize my limits of competence and will not undertake issues for which I have no training. I will not claim that Reiki can cure, nor will I diagnose any medical problems or prescribe, nor will I ever advise a client to stop taking medications, unless qualified to do so. When it is in the client's interests, I will refer them on to another practitioner or organization that has the training appropriate to their needs.
13. I continually make an effort to improve my knowledge and professional skills. I will also encourage you to become educated and informed about the practice and teaching of Reiki and about the development of a health-enhancing lifestyle in general.
17. I acknowledge that a code of ethics cannot cover every case of what is ethical and what is not. Therefore, it is understood that I must behave in accordance with the ethical standards of the province and country in which I reside.
*All information shared or discussed during readings will remain confidential unless otherwise requested by the client or required by law or court order.
Tarot Code of Ethics
My Code Of Ethics
MY PROMISE TO YOU:
As an ethical, professional Tarot reader, I promise I will treat all Tarot readings as an honor and a privilege that are taken very seriously. As your Tarot reader, I will serve your best interests without causing or intending to harm. I will be open-minded, honest, and non-judgmental. My goal is to help guide you on your spiritual journey by empowering you to take charge and make your own path in life.
Readings will not knowingly be given to clients aged under 18 years without permission from their parent or guardian.
Readings will not be given about anyone other than the client.
Any clients with questions relating to others (e.g. third parties, such as partners, family members, colleagues, etc.) will be asked to re-phrase the question or be refused.
Readings will not be given about legal, financial, medical, or psychological advice as those areas are not a part of my expertise or my educational credentials.
Instead, I will recommend my clients go to the proper licensed professionals.
All clients will be treated without prejudice.
This means that I will read your cards regardless of you national origins, class, education, race, religion, gender or sexual orientation, etc...
I will respect your right to refuse or terminate their reading at any time, regardless of prior consent.
I will not encourage anyone to become dependent upon me.
I will represent honestly my Tarot qualifications, including educational credentials, levels of certification and experience.
I will discuss and agree upon all fees (if any) with my clients in advance.
Should a client wish to proceed beyond the originally agreed arrangement, all additional fees (if any) will be discussed and agreed upon by both parties before proceeding.
I reserve the right to refuse service at my discretion.
All information shared or discussed during readings will remain confidential unless otherwise requested by the client or required by law or court order.